TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 07800 554665.
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you). We are Jo Mercer of Unit 4, Boardwalk Retail Pods, Blyth Northumberland, NE24 1AH with email address email@example.com; telephone number 07800 554665; (the Supplier or us or we).
2. These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. By ordering any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
3. Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
4. Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
5. Delivery Location means the Supplier's premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
6. Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
7. Goods means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order;
8. Order means the Customer's order for the Goods from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
10. Website means our website www.thegiftpod.co.uk on which the Goods are advertised.
11. The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied.
12. In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is
13. All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
14. We can make changes to the Goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
16. We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
17. The description of the Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
18. The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
19. A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract.
20. Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 30 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
21. No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
22. We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Price and Payment
23. The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
24. Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
25. You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Goods.
26. We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.
27. In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
a. we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
b. after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
28. If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
29. If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
30. If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
31. We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them.
32. You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
33. If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
34. The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
35. Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
36. You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal, returns and cancellation
37. You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
38. This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
a. foodstuffs, beverages or other goods intended for current consumption in the household and which are supplied on frequent and regular rounds to your residence or workplace;
b. goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
c. goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
39. Also, the Cancellation Rights for a Contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
a. in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
Right to cancel
40. Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
41. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
42. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post or email). You can use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.
43. You can also electronically fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement of the Customer's decision to cancel the Contract on our website www.thegiftpod.co.uk. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a Durable Medium (eg by email) without delay.
44. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
45. Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Deduction for Goods supplied
46. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
47. If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
a. 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
b. (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
48. If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
49. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
50. If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at Unit 4, Boardwalk Retail Pods, Blyth Northumberland, NE24 1AH without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
51. For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
a. distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
b. sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
52. We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
53. Upon delivery, the Goods will:
a. be of satisfactory quality;
b. be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
c. conform to their description.
54. It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
Successors and our sub-contractors
55. Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
56. In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
a. the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
b. the party's obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer's above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
57. Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
59. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
a. 'Data Protection Laws' means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR.
b. 'GDPR' means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
c. 'Data Controller', 'Personal Data' and 'Processing' shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
60. We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing Goods to you.
61. Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
a. before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
b. we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
c. we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
d. we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
62. For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
63. The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier's other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer's business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer - because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
64. The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
65. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
66. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 days..
Model cancellation Form
To Jo Mercer Unit 4, Boardwalk Retail Pods Blyth Northumberland NE24 1AH Email address: email@example.com Telephone number: 07800 554665
I/We[*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*] [for the supply of the following service [*], Ordered on [*]/received on [*]______________________(date received) Name of consumer(s): Address of consumer(s):
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper)
[*] Delete as appropriate.
Terms And Conditions
This web site (this "Site") is provided by The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod)("Kin"), conditional on your acceptance of the terms and conditions of use set forth below (the "Terms and Conditions"). By accessing, using, and/or downloading messages, information, data, text, software or images, or other materials from this Site (the "Materials"), and by sending messages, information, data, text, software or images, or other materials to the Site ("Content"), you agree on your own behalf and on behalf of any entity on whose behalf you may act to accept and abide by these Terms and Conditions for each use and each visit of this Site. If you do not agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions, you should not use this Site or download or use Materials from it. These Terms and Conditions apply exclusively to your access to and use of this Site and do not alter the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod). In case of inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other agreement you may have with The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod), the other agreement shall prevail, but only to the extent of the inconsistency.
1. Changes to Terms and Conditions
2. Changes to this Site
The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this Site, including (i) changing the availability of any features, at any time without notice or liability; (ii) removing, adding, modifying or otherwise changing any Materials on or from this Site; or (iii) imposing limits on certain features and Services or restricting your access to parts or all of this Site without notice or liability for any reason whatsoever. The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) reserves the right but not the duty, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of this Site at any time without notice.
3. Permitted and Prohibited Uses
The Site may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals seeking employment and career information ("Candidates"). You agree to use the Site only to send Content and receive Materials that are proper and related to purpose of the Site.
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use and view this Site and the Materials thereon, solely for your own personal or internal company use, provided, however, that you may not, nor may you allow others to, directly or indirectly: (i) remove, from any copy of the Materials downloaded, the copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Materials; (ii) sell, reproduce, modify or attempt to modify the Materials in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose, including without limitation use of the Materials on any other web site; (iii) transfer the Materials to any other person without the written consent of The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod); (iv) print or copy any of the HTML or other computer programs that are accessible at this Site; (v) use this Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair this Site; (vi) interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, this Site or any services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through this Site or affiliated or linked sites; (vii) disrupt or interfere with any other person's use or enjoyment of this Site or affiliated or linked sites; (viii) upload, post or otherwise transmit on this Site any Content that would negatively affect the functioning of the Site, including without limitation computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or computer programs or that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Site's infrastructure; (ix) use any robot, spider or other automatic program or device, or manual process to monitor, copy, summarize, or otherwise extract information from this Site or the Materials in whole or in part; (x) use or attempt to use another's account, password, service, system or other information without prior written authorization from The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod); (xi) create or use a false identity on this Site; (xii) attempt to obtain unauthorized access to this Site or portions of this Site that are restricted from general access; (xiii) transmit on, to or from this Site spam, chain letters, junk mail or any other type of unsolicited mass e-mail; (xiv) harvest or otherwise collect information about others, except for the sole stated purposes provided by this Site, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; or (xv) register an e-mail address that you do not own or for which you do not have the express permission of the owner to register.
You may post certain Content to the Site. You may only post Content for the lawful, stated purposes of this Site. You agree, that in posting Content, you will not, nor will you allow others to, directly or indirectly: (i) post any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not your own accurate resume; (ii) post any franchise, pyramid scheme, multi-level marketing (MLM) opportunity, "club membership", distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity which requires an up-front or periodic payment, requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents; (iii) delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity; (iv) post or transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, vulgar, obscene, or tortuous or materials which infringe or violate any third party's copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy or other proprietary or property right or that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law; (v) impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation an The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) employee or agent, an authorised user of The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod)' Services, a Candidate, an Employer or a Recruiter, or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity; (vi) post opinions, notices or advertisements, commercial or otherwise or solicit business from Recruiters who post on the Site, including any solicitation by any of our competitors of Recruiters who post on the Site.
In addition, you agree that you are solely responsible for actions and communications undertaken or transmitted in the course of your usage of this Site, and that you will comply with all laws that apply or may apply to your use of or activities on this Site or in respect of the Content and Materials. The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) reserves the right at all times to disclose any Content provided by you as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or remove any Content, in whole or in part, that in The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod)'s sole discretion is objectionable or in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Registration and Password
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your registration information and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod)of any unauthorized use of your registration or password.
5. Proprietary Rights
Limited License and Copyright. This Site, including all Materials, is protected by UK and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. You agree to comply with all copyright laws worldwide in your use of this Site and to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Materials. Except as expressly provided herein, The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) does not grant any express or implied right or license to you under any intellectual property right, including under any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, or confidential information, of The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod).
Trademarks. The Services names, company names and logos used on this Site may be trademarks, including registered trademarks of The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod). Such Services names, company names and logos of The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod). Other services and company names mentioned on this Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Reservation of Rights. The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod)'s Services, methods and processes may be covered by one or more patents or other statutory intellectual property rights, and are subject to trade secret and other proprietary rights. The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) reserves all such rights.
Software. Any software, including calculator software, as well any files, images generated by such software, code and data accompanying such software (the "Software"), used or accessible through this Site is the copyrighted work of The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) or its licensors. Unless provided for elsewhere, you are licensed to use the Software on a non-exclusive basis for the purposes expressly stated on this Site. Except as permitted by law, you may not use the Software for any other purpose or attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the Software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
6. Links and Third-Party Content
Certain links on this Site may take you to other web sites. The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) provides these links only as a convenience. These linked sites are not necessarily under the control of The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod). If you use these sites, you will leave this Site. If you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses and other destructive elements.
The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod)is not responsible for the contents of any such linked page or any other page not under its control. The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) makes no representation or warranty regarding, and does not endorse, any linked web sites, the information appearing thereon or any of the products or services described. Links do not imply that The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) sponsors, endorses, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked site is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod).
You acknowledge that any use of or reliance on this Site or any Materials shall be at your sole risk. The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) makes no representation or guarantee of any kind regarding the Site and/or the Materials, including with respect to the information provided by third party legal and other consultants, all of which are provided on an "AS IS" basis. The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) expressly disclaims all representations, warranties and conditions, including without limitation any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, non-infringement and fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute or otherwise in law or from a course of dealing or usage of trade. The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) does not guarantee that this site will continue to operate, operate without interruptions or that it will be error-free.
Not limiting the generality of the foregoing, the information provided on this Site is for general informational purposes only. Information provided on the Site with a byline, identification of publication source, or any other sort of third-party identifier, is provided by third-parties on an "As Is" basis, and The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) does not review it. The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) and its third-party consultants do not warrant or guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of this information. This Site acts as a venue, among other things, for Recruiters to post job opportunities and Candidates to post CVs.
The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) does not screen or censor the listings offered. As a result, The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) has no control over the quality, safety or legality of the jobs or CVs posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of Employers to offer job opportunities to Candidates or the ability of Candidates to fill job openings. In addition, there may be risks, including but not limited to risk of physical harm of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretences. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Site.
Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) cannot and does not confirm that each user is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in user-to-user dealings or control the behaviour of participants on this Site, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod)(and our agents and employees) from all claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) is under no legal obligation to, and generally does not, control the Content provided by other users which is made available through the Site. By its very nature, other people's information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabelled or deceptively labelled. The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) does not guarantee, and makes no representations or warranties as to the truthfulness, accuracy, reliability, currency, veracity or completeness of the Materials or about the results to be obtained using the Materials. The use of the Site and the Material is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Site and may be made at any time.
This Site contains materials, data, information provided, posted or offered by third parties, including third party provided content, advertisements and user content. You agree that The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod)s hall have no liability whatsoever for any such third party material, data or information.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume, posting or other Content placed by you, as applicable on the Site.
The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason made, made by any entity posting jobs on the Site.
9. Limitation of Liability
You agree that The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) and any third party mentioned on this site will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damages whatsoever, including without limitation indirect, special or consequential damages or other damages (including without limitation damages for harm to business, loss of information or programs or data, loss of profit, loss of savings, loss of revenue), arising from or in connection with the use of or access to, or the inability to use or access, this site, the materials, any content provided or any linked website of a third party, even if The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod), or such a third party has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss. In any event, you agree that The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod)'s aggregate liability for damages shall be limited to £100.
The limitations of liability and disclaimers in these Terms and Conditions apply regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, warranty, civil liability, delict, quasi-delict, strict liability, negligence, or other tort and shall survive a fundamental breach or breaches, or the failure of the essential purpose of contract or the failure of an exclusive remedy.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod), its affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, including all third parties mentioned at the Site, from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Site and the Materials or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
11. Choice of law
This Site is controlled, operated and administered by The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) from its offices within Wiltshire, UK. The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) makes no representation or warranty that materials at this Site are appropriate or available for use at any locations outside the UK. If you access this Site from outside the UK, you are responsible for compliance with all local law. You may not export any of the Materials accessible through this Site in violation of applicable export laws and regulations. These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted, construed and governed by the laws in force in England & Wales, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, except where prohibited by mandatory provisions of the laws applicable in your jurisdiction. Except in respect of any matter relating to the enforcement of intellectual property rights and protection of confidential information, the parties agree that any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions shall be commenced in England. Each party hereby agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales and to waive any objections based upon venue in any such action, suit or proceeding. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms and Conditions.
Any and all disputes arising out of these Terms and Conditions, its performance, breach, enforcement, existence or validity, including any failure of the parties to reach agreement with respect to matters provided for in these Terms and Conditions and all matters of dispute relating to the rights and obligations of the parties, which cannot be amicably resolved, even if only one of the parties declares that there is a difference, will be referred to and finally settled by private and confidential binding arbitration before a single arbitrator held in England, in English and governed by the laws of England & Wales. The arbitrator shall be a person who is legally trained and who has experience in the information technology field in the UK and is independent of either party.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party may pursue the protection intellectual property rights and confidential information through injunctive or other equitable relief through the courts.
PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
1. What data do we collect?
2. How do we collect your data?
3. How will we use your data?
4. How do we store your data?
6. What are your data protection rights?
7. What are cookies?
9. What types of cookies do we use?
10. How to manage your cookies
11. Privacy policies of other websites
13. How to contact us
14. How to contact the appropriate authorities
1. What data do we collect?
The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) collects the following data:
· Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
2. How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
· Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
· Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
· Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
3. How will we use your data?
The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) collects your data so that we can:
· Process your legal documents and manage your account.
4. How do we store your data?
The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) securely stores your data on password protected and encrypted devices.
The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) will keep your data for 365 days. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data securely.
The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) from contacting you for marketing purposes.
6. What are your data protection rights?
The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call us on: 07800 554665
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
9. What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
· Functionality – The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
· Advertising – The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
10. How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
11. Privacy policies of other websites
13. How to contact us
Email us at email@example.com
Or call us on: 07800 554665
14. How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that The Gift Pod (The Gift Pod) has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office;
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner's Office